Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Mister Dillon in the Stratford 20:00. Compare odds and bet.
The 2m7f novices’ chase at Stratford on Tuesday evening is just about the race of the day and, though he only just got home on his chasing debut, Mister Dillon (8:00) is fancied to follow up under his penalty.
Nicky Henderson’s seven-year-old was the pick of these over hurdles, most recently finishing third at Cheltenham in April off 140, and he jumped well in the main on debut, with the exception of one notable error.
That was a tactical affair and he will be seen in better light in truly run contests in time, but he might be able to get a lead this evening and he would have a touch more pace than these at the business end of things.
8:00 Stratford: Mister Dillon; 6/5 Skybet
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14