Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Friday; High Celebrity 4:10 Newmarket and Pearl Castle in the York 15:30. Compare odds and bet.
Andre Fabre sends a rare runner over to Newmarket on Friday and High Celebrity (2:10) created a deep impression when making all on her racecourse debut at Chantilly last month.
The Invincible Spirit filly made all over 7f and, given how far out she had the race in safe-keeping, the drop in trip is not a concern. She looks a hugely exciting prospect and can make it two from two here (she opened up 7-4 with Paddy Power as early as Wednesday evening).
Up at York, the lightly-raced Kings Fete is very much respected under his 13lb weight-for-age allowance in the 1m4f handicap, but preference is for recent course-and-distance winner Pearl Castle (3:30) who can defy a 6lb rise.
John Quinn’s four-year-old was a useful juvenile hurdler earlier in the year and reverted to the Flat in fine style here last month. The Ebor entry can follow up under Philip Makin.
Kings Fete looks on a fair opening mark and the step up in trip should suit this Great Voltigeur entry, but this is a still a stiff ask on just his third start against some much more streetwise handicappers.
2:10 Newmarket High Celebrity
3:30 York Pearl Castle
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14