Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Giant’s Quest in the Killarney 20:20. Compare odds and bet.
It’s back to Killarney for Wednesday’s selection, which comes in the competitive 2m6f Larkins Pub & Restaurant Miltown Handicap Hurdle.
Having won on the Flat at Dundalk on Saturday Giant’s Quest (8:20) is clearly in good shape for his return to hurdling and the eight-year-old, who stays well on the level, should enjoy the step up in trip.
A 2m4f handicap winner at Bellewstown last August, the Giant’s Causeway gelding finds himself racing off a 7lb higher mark here but, despite his big weight, he can go well in what looks an open contest. Hopefully he will be available at an each-way price on first show this morning.
8:20 Killarney Giant’s Quest 9/1 Skybet
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14