Paul Ferguson has two selections from Salisbury on Wednesday; Darshini at 2.50 and Tercel at 3.25. Compare odds and bet.
Sir Michael Stoute and Ryan Moore hold sound claims of landing a Salisbury double on Wednesday, starting with Darshini (2:50) in the mile nursery.
The Royal Lodge entry got off the mark in taking fashion at Sandown last month, powering clear in a manner that strongly hinted the step up to today’s trip would be ideal. The Sir Percy colt was trading at 11-8 with Paddy Power overnight.
Just 35 minutes later Tercel (3:25) can complete the double in the three-year-old handicap over the same trip.
The Monsun gelding won his maiden the day after Darshini but also strode up the Sandown hill in fine style, having travelled with purpose in behind. An opening mark of 77 doesn’t look too harsh and it will be disappointing if there isn’t plenty more to come. He was available at 6-4 with Paddy Power overnight.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14