Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Curbyourenthusiasm in the York 14:30. Compare odds and bet.
Though he needs to leave behind a disappointing effort in the Goodwood Cup CURBYOURENTHUSIASM (2:30) is handed another chance in this afternoon’s Group 2 Lonsdale Cup.
David Simcock’s grey failed to land a blow last time, having been held up out the back, having earlier chased home Clever Cookie over 1m6f here at the Dante meeting.
I remain convinced this five-year-old has a big staying prize in him and, with Jamie Spencer back aboard (gets on well with the horse, winning three times on him last term), I’m hopeful that he can bounce back.
Given there are only seven horses going to post, I would suggest a win only bet on this occasion.
2:30 York – Curbyourenthusiasm; 15/2 bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95