Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Walpole in the Ascot 15:45. Compare odds and bet.
A non-runner when selected here last Saturday Walpole (3:45) is taken to land Ascot’s Mitie Events & Leisure Handicap at Ascot this afternoon.
Hugo Palmer’s four-year-old, who begun life winning a bumper at Huntingdon last October, is three from four on the Flat and won a shade more cosily than the official margin might suggest at Thirsk last month.
The Rock Of Gibraltar gelding remains progressive and, off a 5lb higher mark, he is taken to strike again under Jamie Spencer. The selection was trading at 7-4 (Hills) on Thursday evening, but it is worth noting that he has also been declared for tomorrow’s Old Borough Cup at Haydock.
Touching on today’s card at Haydock briefly, the completely unexposed El Vip is worth noting in the Acca Insurance At 188Bet Handicap. A winner at Doncaster on debut, Luca Cumani’s three-year-old looks a nice prospect, although this is a big step up this afternoon, so a watching brief is advised.
Over in Ireland William Du Berlais is another to keep tabs on in the extended 2m3f handicap at Kilbeggan. An effortless winner over course-and-distance last month, he looks potentially well in off an opening mark of 109, but again this represents a massive step up in class and he is tight enough in the market (5-2 overnight).
3:45 Ascot: Walpole; 7/4 Skybet
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95