Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Central Square in the Doncaster 16:15. Compare odds and bet.
A regular in this column throughout the season CENTRAL SQUARE (4:15) is given another chance at Doncaster this afternoon, following a slightly disappointing display at York last time.
Given time to get over that, the four-year-old returns at a time when the Roger Varian horses are in much better form and he wears blinkers for the first time this afternoon.
Still rather green when last sighted, the imposing son of Azamour drops back in trip (2 from 3 this season over 1m2f or thereabouts) and a little ease in the ground shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
He certainly looks capable of landing a nice prize off his current mark and he is marginally preferred to Poet’s Word, who has also featured prominently here during the summer.
Up 10lbs for his Glorious Goodwood success, I see today’s slightly shorter trip as a slight negative for Sir Michael Stoute’s there-year-old, who also seems best on a quick surface.
4:15 Doncaster – Central Square; 7/1 Skybet
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95