Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Seamour in the Doncaster 15:05. Compare odds and bet.
Following a series of decent efforts in defeat SEAMOUR (3:05) is fancied to land this afternoon’s Mallard Stakes.
Brian Ellison’s five-year-old has travelled powerfully on a couple of occasions this term, notably when looking all over the winner of the Northumberland Plate, and he ran well for a long way in last year’s Doncaster Cup.
The Azamour gelding wears cheek pieces for the first time this afternoon and any further rain wouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
Fabricate is greatly respected (regular readers will know I’m a fan of this horse), but preference at the prices is for Seamour, who should be backed each-way.
Last year’s Mallard winner Curbyourenthusiasm is another personal favourite of mine, but he is proving expensive to follow, so he is best watched in this afternoon’s feature, the Group 2 Doncaster Cup.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95