Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Qemah 17:35 and Minding 18:45 both at Leopardstown. Compare odds and bet.
It could be a huge weekend for Aidan O’Brien and his Ballydoyle team, and Oaks heroine Minding (6:45) is taken to land an incredibly strong renewal of the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown this evening.
A six-time Group 1 winner, this is probably the toughest test to date for the top-class daughter of Galileo, who was usurped as favourite for this overnight, by Derby winner Harzand.
The selection is right at home over this trip and, despite the depth of quality in opposition, she is fancied it five from six for the season. She was available at 3-1 (Hills) overnight.
If you are looking for something at a slightly bigger price, I expect New Bay to go well and probably heads the dangers, for me.
Earlier on the card French raider Qemah (5:35) can land the Matron Stakes, at the main expense of John Gosden’s rapidly improving Persuasive.
There is no doubting the impression created by the unbeaten grey, but she faces a high-class dual Group 1 winner here and might find it one step too far at this stage.
The selection was impressive in the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot and backed that up against her elders in the Prix Rothschild at Deauville in late-July. She was also uneasy on Friday evening and available at 7-4 (Paddy Power) overnight.
5:35 Leopardstown Qemah 7/4 PaddyPower
6:45 Leopardstown Minding 11/4 Bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95