Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Parliamentarian in the Haydock 16.30 Compare odds and bet.
Charlie Appleby’s horses have been in good order this month and Parliamentarian (4:30) is fancied to defy a 64-day lay-off and top-weight in this afternoon’s Jeremy Kyle Handicap at Haydock.
The Dubawi gelding relished the step up to this trip when beating St Michel by a short-head on good-to-firm ground at Sandown back in July. That form has been well advertised since, with the runner-up winning his next two before finishing third in the Doncaster Cup, and a 9lb rise in the weights might not be enough to stop Martin Lane’s mount.
4:30 Haydock: Parliamentarian; 11/8 Betvictor
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95