Paul Ferguson one selection for us on Saturday; Alice Springs in the Newmarket 16:00. Compare odds and bet.
Following her success in the Matron Stakes three weeks ago Alice Springs (4:00) is taken to land the Kingdom Of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket this afternoon.
A winner at HQ earlier in the campaign, albeit on the July course when successful in the Falmouth Stakes, Aidan O’Brien’s Galileo filly has progressed throughout the campaign and, provided that this isn’t one race too many, she can land her third Group 1 of the season.
Over in Ireland, the PWC Champion Chase is the feature from Gowran Park where Grotesque is very much one to note in the 2m4f maiden hurdle (2:35).
Likely to be pretty short, he looks a smart recruit from the bumper ranks, having finished sixth in the Grade 1 at Punchestown, from which Moon Racer and Aspen Colorado have already come out and won over hurdles.
An imposing son of Kayf Tara, he should make a winning debut over timber (his price will determine whether he warrants support, though I suspect he will open up pretty short).
4:00 Newmarket: Alice Springs; 6/4 Skybet
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95