Paul Ferguson has two selections from Hereford on Thursday; Rather Be at 2.00 and Definite Outcome (NR) at 3.05. Compare odds and bet.
Racing returns to Hereford this afternoon and the track has been rewarded with a high quality midweek card.
RATHER BE (2:00) can become the first winner, in the opening 2m national hunt novices’ hurdle.
Nicky Henderson’s five-year-old showed plenty of pace when beating subsequent Punchestown Festival winner No Comment in a Ludlow bumper, before trying to concede lumps of weight to last week’s Listed winner Snow Leopardess.
Ninth in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham, he looks full of speed and should develop into a smart novice over the minimum trip.
The 2m4f beginners’ chase looks the race of the day, with Rather Be’s stable-mate Laurium likely to be well suited by conditions.
He has more pace than Emerging Force and DEFINITE OUTCOME (3:05) NR but a chance is taken on the latter, despite him appealing as 3m chaser in the making.
Rebecca Curtis’ runner looks to have bags of scope and is one I’m particularly looking forward to in this division. While he will need further as the season goes on, it is worth remembering that he beat Flying Angel over this trip around Aintree last term.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95