Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Definite Outcome 14:50 and Two Taffs (NR) 16:30 both at Chepstow. Compare odds and bet.
Despite shouldering the maximum penalty Two Taffs NR (4:30) is worth supporting each-way in Sunday’s Persian War Novices’ Hurdle at Chepstow.
Dan Skelton’s six-year-old is pretty experienced for a race of this nature, having won a handicap at Ayr’s Scottish Grand National meeting in April and this is his likely to be final opportunity to face fellow novices.
He is certainly the pick of those with hurdles form for me and was available at 6-1 at the time of writing, while Punchestown Festival bumper winner No Comment is clearly worthy of respect on his hurdles bow, in receipt of 7lbs.
Earlier on the card, there is another cracking novices’ chase (as was the case yesterday) in which Definite Outcome (2:50) can strike for Rebecca Curtis and Jonathan Moore.
Pulled out due to the ground at Hereford on Thursday, this longer trip will suit and the imposing seven-year-old can make the ideal start to life over fences. The Paul Morgan-trained Potters Corner is another chaser on looks and maybe next best.
2:50 Chepstow Definite Outcome 7/2 Skybet
4:30 Chepstow Two Taffs (Non Runner)
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95