Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Oldgrangewood in the Carlisle 16:30. Compare odds and bet.
A regular in this column, Peter The Mayo Man, is one to note at Newton Abbot this afternoon, but the hat-trick seeking six-year-old has to concede plenty of weight to an improving three-year-old.
Therefore, the day’s selection comes from Carlisle and in the shape of Dan Skelton’s OLDGRANGEWOOD (4:30).
The five-year-old won a maiden hurdle at Ayr in February and the Central Park gelding looks the type who will have benefited greatly for his summer break.
He remains on a fair looking mark and can strike for the in-form yard. He was trading at 9/4 overnight.
4:30 Carlisle – OLDGRANGEWOOD; 9/4 bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95