Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Stilletto in the Newbury 14:45. Compare odds and bet.
There are plenty of potentially smart novices on show at Newbury this afternoon, including Jenkins in the opener, but the day’s selection goes the way of STILLETTO (2:45).
After missing the Bet Victor Gold Cup 13 days ago, he returns to action in the Bet365 Open Handicap Chase on what is his first start for trainer Johnny Farrelly.
A quirky individual, this seven-year-old undoubtedly possesses plenty of ability and a strongly run race on a flat track such as this should suit.
Beaten at the Christmas meeting here last year, when looking all over the winner, Brendan Powell will want to keep him covered up for as long as possible and deliver a very late challenge. I have little doubt this horse has the natural ability to win a decent race such as this and he is worth supporting each-way at the odds.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95