Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Bellshill in the 3:15 at Gowran Park and Definately Red in the 3:30 at Newcastle. Compare odds and bet.
All eyes will be on Newbury on Saturday, but Newcastle stages a decent card, too, and Definitly Red (3:30) can land the concluding Rehearsal Chase, for an in-form Brain Ellison.
A smart novice last term, when mixing with some very smart horses, he made a pleasing winning return in a competitive handicap hurdle at Carlisle. Conditions look ideal and a big run looks on the cards.
Over in Ireland Bellshill (3:15) can make a winning debut over fences for Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh.
A high-class novice hurdler last season, he is an exciting recruit and, though this is no penalty kick (Balko Des Flos and Don’t Touch It greatly respected), he can make the best possible start.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95