Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; River Frost in the Plumpton 12:55. Compare odds and bet.
Following a promising third on debut at Huntingdon, the Alan King-trained River Frost (12:55) can get off the mark over hurdles at Plumpton on Monday.
The grey, who won a 1m5f all-weather race in France last November, was eventually beaten 4 lengths by Apasionado, who looks a smart prospect and has been handed a Grade 2 entry later this week. The runner-up was highly-regarded in the Irish Point-to-Point sphere and this looks an easier assignment.
Several of the King horses have needed their first outing and if River Frost comes on for that first start in almost 10 months, then he should be difficult to beat here; he certainly sets a fair standard.
12:55 Plumpton: River Frost 4/7 bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95