THE search for Scotland’s top tipster is back once again Betrescue.com have teamed up with The Daily Record – Scotland’s leading daily newspaper – to launch another fantastic £5000 contest with weekly, monthly and season end prizes.
On a reduced coupon, it was a tough week for contestants as the Tipster Competition drew to a close.
In the two domestic cup finals, Dundee United’s defeat to St Johnstone and Arsenal’s draw with Hull in normal time ended the hopes of many punters while the likes of Roma in Serie A scuppered plenty of lines too.
Subsequently, only one entry yielded a mythical profit and that came from Sandra Stevenson.
The Stewarton punter tipped victories for AC Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Napoli, Parma and Real Madrid to scoop a return of £45.14 and land the final weekly £50 free bet prize.
In the battle for the monthly honours, James Bell came out on top claiming a £100 free bet courtesy of Stan James and there was no change at the top of the overall standings.
Congratulations then, to the following five contestants who walk away with £1000, £500, £250, £150 and £100 in free bets respectively.
Be sure to check back over the summer for details on the 2014/15 Tipster Championship.
May monthly prize sponsor:
Punters loved taking part in the 2012/13 contest so we’ve carried the format over to the new season.
In conjunction with Paul Jain, the Daily Record Punter’s Mr Fixit, we are giving away £5000 worth of free bets from 10 bookies in the popular season-long competition, as we look for The Champion Football Tipster for the 2013/14 season.
First prize is £1000 of free bets with £500 for second place, £250 for third, £150 for fourth and £100 for fifth. There is also £50 on offer for the biggest win of the week and a £100 monthly prize. We have invited 10 of our web partners to cough up £500 each and take part and they are bet365, Ladbrokes, Stan James, BetVictor, Betfred, Betway, Boylesports, Bwin, Unibet and Coral.
The rules are the same as last season but there will be no grand final so everyone has a chance of winning the top prize until the last weekend of the competition and there are no postal entries for the 2013/14 season.
Playing the game is simple. Your bet is a £10 mythical one on an accumulator featuring a minimum of three teams (entries will be void if postponements cause the line to have fewer than three selections) and a maximum of six. All your sides must win for the line to come up – or draw if that’s what you choose.
Teams to pick from are those taking part in Scottish or English league matches – no non-league or foreign games unless stated – although weekend cup fixtures in England and Scotland as well as weekend international qualifiers will be accepted.
Ladbrokes prices will be used to calculate winning lines. You may include games from the Friday evening through to the Monday evening, but not from any other night.
Any winnings, including stake, are added to your total with the person accumulating the most in a month claiming £100 of free bets. In the event of a tie a draw will take place to decide prizes. Weekly prizes meanwhile will carry forward to the following week if there are no winners.
You can enter on line or by text. One entry per person, maximum of two per household.
Methods Of Entry:
Enter on the internet using the form below.
Email entries to: record[at]betrescue.com
Text entries to 64446 – Type betrescue as the
first word then your full name, house number and postcode, together with your team selections and stake to 64446.
For example, create message and type: betrescue Joe Bloggs, 1, G1 2AB, Chelsea. Then send to 64446. Each text is 10p. For draws write draw after home team
This contest is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland
Enter our other football tipping competitions:
- Employees of Betrescue Ltd and their suppliers and partners are ineligible.
- All legitimate entries will be considered if submitted within the time and stake stipulations detailed above.
- Legitimate entries are a minimum of a treble and maximum of a sixfold. If more than six picks are made the first six will be taken. If postponements take a line below a treble, the entry is void.
- The winning picks will be determined by stake x Ladbrokes odds.
- All winners will be notified of their prize value by email.
- All winners will be expected to open an account with the appropriate donating bookmaker and supply their user name.
- The prizes are awarded as free bet tokens, the stake of which can not be withdrawn and there is no cash alternative.
- Any accounts restricted by partner bookmakers for bonus abuse or any other reason will not be eligible for prizes.
- All entrants will be required to register with the betrescue.com newsletter and accept that their email address will be entered into our database
- No deposit is necessary.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A list of winners and current ‘league tables’ will be available from email@example.com
- Over 18s only. No purchase necessary.