THE search for Scotland’s top tipster is back once again Betrescue.com have teamed up with The Daily Record – Scotland’s leading daily newspaper – to launch another fantastic £5000 contest with weekly, monthly and season end prizes.
Man City’s shock home defeat to Norwich, Peterhead’s loss to East Fife and the remarkable 5-5 draw between West Brom and Man Utd made life difficult on the final weekend of this season’s tipster championship.
Subsequently only one person managed to submit a winning line, Suzanne Purdy landing a £50 free bet for correctly tipping victories for West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool as well as a draw at Southampton.
The entry returned a mythical £232.69 so there was no change to the monthly or overall standings with Diane MacFarlane landing May’s prize of a £100 free bet and also coming second over the whole season while the winner of the competition was Glasgow’s James Sweeney.
Congratulations then to James, who is the recipient of £1000 in free bets.
Here is the final top five:
1 James Sweeney Glasgow £2,649.21
2 Diane MacFarlane Stewarton £2,589.40
3 Neil Robertson Cumnock £2,071.33
4 Suzanne Mathewson Broughshane £1,696.46
5 Hilary Dickson Wishaw £1,614.91
The competition will return for the 2013/14 season so make sure you check back here shortly for full details.
Punters loved taking part in the 2011/12 contest so we’ve carried the format over to the new season.
In conjunction with Paul Jain, the Daily Record Punter’s Mr Fixit, we are giving away £5000 worth of free bets from 10 bookies in the popular season-long competition, as we look for The Champion Football Tipster for the 2012/13 season.
First prize is £1000 of free bets with £500 for second place, £250 for third, £150 for fourth and £100 for fifth. There is also £50 on offer for the biggest win of the week and a £100 monthly prize. We have invited 10 of our web partners to cough up £500 each and take part and they are bet365, Ladbrokes, Stan James, Gamebookers, Paddy Power, BetVictor, Betfred, Unibet, Blue Square and Coral.
The rules are the same as last season but there will be no grand final so everyone has a chance of winning the top prize until the last weekend of the competition and no postal entries for the 2012/13 season. Spanish and Italian league games could be used at that time to give entrants more choice.
Playing the game is simple. Your bet is a £10 mythical one on an accumulator featuring a minimum of three teams (entries will be void if postponements cause the line to have fewer than three selections) and a maximum of six.
All your sides must win for the line to come up – or draw if that’s what you choose. Teams to pick from are Scottish or English league sides – no non-league teams – although weekend cup fixtures in England and Scotland as well as weekend international qualifiers will be acceptable. Ladbrokes prices will be used to calculate winning lines. You may include games from the Friday evening through the Monday evening, but not from any other night.
Any winnings, including stake, are added to your total with the person accumulating the most in a month claiming £100 of free bets. In the event of a tie a draw will take place to decide prizes. Weekly prizes meanwhile will carry forward to the following week if there are no winners.
You can enter on line or by text. One entry per person, maximum of two per household.
Methods Of Entry:
Enter on the internet using the form below.
Email entries to: record[at]betrescue.com
Text entries to 64446 – Type betrescue as the
first word then your full name, house number and postcode, together with your team selections and stake to 64446.
For example, create message and type: betrescue Joe Bloggs, 1, G1 2AB, Chelsea. Then send to 64446. Each text is 10p. For draws write draw after home team
- Employees of Betrescue Ltd and their suppliers and partners are ineligible.
- All legitimate entries will be considered if submitted within the time and stake stipulations detailed above.
- The winning picks will be determined by stake x Ladbrokes odds.
- All winners will be notified of their prize value by email.
- All winners will be expected to open an account with the appropriate donating bookmaker and supply their user name.
- The prizes are awarded as free bet tokens, the stake of which can not be withdrawn and there is no cash alternative.
- Any accounts restricted by partner bookmakers for bonus abuse or any other reason will not be eligible for prizes.
- All entrants will be required to register with the betrescue.com newsletter and accept that their email address will be entered into our database
- No deposit is necessary.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A list of winners and current ‘league tables’ will be available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over 18s only. No purchase necessary.