Tuesday is another fairly quiet day on the domestic front, but Tipperary stages a jumps card that includes several interesting runners.
Having split the smart pair of Last Instalment and The Real Article when last seen in April, Farrells Fancy is very much one to note in the Tipperary Supporter’s Club Maiden Hurdle.
However, 2m around a tight track might not be ideal for the seven-year-old, who looks a stayer, so the selection comes an hour later in the shape of Rivage D’Or (3:55) in the 2m7f beginners’ chase.
Dessie Hughes’ six-year-old was rather frustrating early last season, finding little off the bridle at times, but improved as the season went on and as he was stepped up in trip.
He rounded off the campaign with a fine second off 130 in a competitive handicap hurdle at the Punchestown Festival.
A nice looking French import, he could come in to his own over fences and can make a winning debut at the main expense of Seafield, who is certainly not one to underestimate.
A half-brother to the classy Joncol, he will relish meeting fences and this longer trip for the first time and is very much one to monitor closely on this first start since February.
The selection opened up at 11/8 with Boylesports on Monday evening.
3:55 Tipperary Rivage D’Or
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)