Paul Ferguson has two selections from Navan for us on Sunday; Mount Benbulben (12.45) and Flemenstar (14.50) Compare odds.
The most interesting race on Sunday is without doubt Navan’s Grade 2 “Monksfield” Novice Hurdle, in which MOUNT BENBULBEN (12:45) is fancied to beat a high class field.
The dual bumper winner was purchased for big money by Barry Connell and the six-year-old shed his maiden tag in effortless fashion last time.
Testing ground won’t be an issue and he can take care of the unbeaten Texas Jack, who goes left handed for the first time today (slight concern with the way he hangs), and Rebel Fitz, who certainly sets the standard on hurdles form but has to concede 3lbs all round.
Later on the card FLEMENSTAR (2:50) can land the beginners’ chase for Peter Casey and Andrew Lynch.
The former winning pointer showed useful form in novice hurdles last season, notably when winning here in heavy ground in March.
He was heavily punted (from 9/1 in the morning down to 9/4) on his chasing debut here recently, when he shaped with an abundance of promise behind Bog Warrior, and can gain compensation with the extra furlong and more testing ground in his favour.
12:45 Navan – Mount Benbulben (15/8 Paddy Power)
2:50 Navan – Flemenstar (13/8 Ladbrokes)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)