Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Tuesday; Heather Royal (12.50 Ling) and Trustan Times (1.30 Sedge) Compare odds.
After an incredible day yesterday, when all seven of his runners around the country were successful, Nicky Henderson could easily win with his two runners at Lingfield this afternoon.
Kid Cassidy should win but will be very short in the beginners’ chase, whereas Heather Royal (12:50) will be backable in the opening mares’ novice hurdle as she has to carry a penalty for her recent course-and-distance success.
A useful bumper performer, the well-bred half-sister to Barbers Shop looked a potentially smart novice a fortnight ago and can follow up under Andrew Tinkler, who was aboard Henderson’s two Ludlow winners yesterday.
Up at Sedgefield Trustan Times (1:30) is an interesting recruit to the larger obstacles and can strike for Tim Easterby.
The Irish point-to-point winner beat the useful Yurok on his rules debut in a Wetherby novice hurdle in January and ran a sound race under a penalty when runner-up at the same track the following month.
Despite a fairly lengthy lay-off, the five-year-old ought to be difficult to beat provided he jumps proficiently on his chase debut.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)