Paul Ferguson brings us one selection from the hurdles meeting at Bangor; Wise Move in the 14.35. Compare odds.
With Chepstow’s card being abandoned and Bangor-On-Dee restricted to hurdle races only, Friday’s jumps action is a bit thin on the ground.
Nicky Henderson continues in fine form, saddling another four winners and two seconds from his six runners on Wednesday, and the pick of his trio at the North Wales track this afternoon looks to be Wise Move (2:35).
The six-year-old, who carries the famous white silks and black cap of Michael Buckley, might not be one of the stable stars at Seven Barrows but he showed promise in a decent Ascot novice hurdle a year ago, before disappointing on quicker ground at Uttoxeter in April.
Today’s softer ground ought to bring his stamina into play and he is more than capable of landing a race such as the second division of today’s maiden hurdle.
2:35 Bangor-On-Dee Wise Move
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)