Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today; Gamilati in the 12.10 (Meyd) and Bellflower Boy in the 2.45 (Catt) #CATT ABND#. Compare odds.
The last two days’ selections have gone by the wayside due to the weather and the forecast doesn’t look great for the next few days.
Hopefully, Saturday’s feature card at Sandown will beat the frost but the Esher track is staging a very early inspection at 8am this morning, at the same time that Catterick inspects for this afternoon’s card.
If the Yorkshire venue gets the go ahead Bellflower Boy (2:45) can follow up his recent Warwick success under a 7lb penalty in the Catterickbridge.co.uk Handicap Hurdle.
Dr Richard Newland’s nine-year-old has taken on a new lease of life since of late, winning at Warwick on New Year’s Eve, before following up at the same track just 8 days ago.
That race looked a better contest than today’s and, despite the massive weight, he is fancied to follow up under Jack Quinlan. The selection was trading at 13/8 with Bet365 overnight.
If the weather gets the better of Catterick, it’s worth heading over too much hotter climates for the day’s selection in the shape of Gamilati (12:10) who should be very difficult to beat in the UAE 1,000 Guineas.
The Godolphin Cherry Hinton winner made an impressive UAE/Tapeta debut four weeks ago and is bred to get this mile trip. She looks capable of competing at a much better level than this in England as the season goes on and should have too much class for her rivals under Frankie Dettori, with the main threat likely to come in the shape of stable-mate Pimpernel.
There were no prices available overnight, but the tissue was 11/10 and odds against would appeal as fair in what looks a fairly weak event.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)