Paul Ferguson has another selection for us on Wednesday; Biographer in the 4.00 at Lingfield, priced 9/2. Compare odds and bet.
Unusually for me when there’s plenty of turf action, I’m heading to the all-weather at Lingfield for Wednesday’s selection, with the track staging a really interesting 1m5f handicap.
Roger Varian’s Kuda Huraa finished third in a warm handicap at Windsor when last seen in May and, given the way he travelled up stylishly, probably has more to offer off his current mark. The Ebor entry should improve for the step up in trip and looks sure to run well, but he faces a couple of unexposed three-year-olds who get a very handy 13lb weight-for-age allowance.
Godolphin’s Silent Moment is a filly on a roll and deserves her place at the head of the market under a 6lb penalty, which she gained with an easy success at Kempton a week ago.
She will be popular as she bids to land a hat-trick, but the vote goes to Biographer (4:00) who looks open to any amount of improvement and looks one for the each-way thieves at 4/1.
David Lanigan’s Montjeu colt looked one to follow when runner-up on debut (held Epsom and Irish Derby entries at the time) and soon went one better when landing the odds in a weak event at Doncaster.
He didn’t exactly blow away the opposition that day, but he looks sure to improve in a more truly run race and the step up in trip also promises to bring about plenty of improvement.
He still holds an entry in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur at York’s Ebor meeting and Lanigan isn’t one to over-face his horses, so the entry looks significant. Despite the price, an each-way investment is advised due to the fact that there are three unexposed and potentially well-handicapped horses lining up.
4:00 Lingfield Biographer
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)