Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Infinite Hope in the 2.20 (Nott) and Montaser in the 3.20 (Ascot). Compare odds and bet.
David Simcock landed Ascot’s Close Brothers Property Finance Handicap with the improving three-year-old Darley Sun in 2009 and he can repeat the trick on Friday with the lightly raced Montaser (3:20).
Last seen winning at Haydock in May, the Rail Link colt kept on in determined fashion that day so the step up in trip could well bring about plenty of improvement. Up 8lbs for that success, he receives a massive 17lbs weight-for-age allowance here and the only concern is the forecast ground. Soft ground was given as the reason for his fourth behind the smart Rosslyn Castle at Chester the time before, though it was pretty bad ground at the May meeting so he is worth another chance on a less demanding surface here.
Available at 4/1 early on Thursday evening with Bet Victor, Ladbrokes and Bet365, Silvestre De Sousa’s mount is taken to make it three from six in his career to date.
Kieren Fallon heads to Nottingham for just one ride this afternoon, before travelling back to Newmarket’s evening meeting, and he can make the trip worthwhile aboard the once-raced Infinite Hope (2:20) who can land the first division of the fillies’ maiden.
Luca Cumani’s filly made a hugely encouraging racecourse debut when runner-up at Goodwood four weeks ago, where she readily pulled clear of a couple of fair sorts, and she looked a sure-fire future winner.
The daughter of Dynaformer is bred to appreciate both this longer trip and easier ground, so should be at home under today’s conditions. If she steps forward from that debut effort, she ought to take plenty of beating.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)