Paul Ferguson has two selections on Friday; Guarantee in the 8.35 (Newb) and Biographer in the 9.05 (Newb). Compare odds and bet.
Though he only scored in workmanlike fashion at long odds-on last time Biographer (9:05) remains a horse of some potential and he can take Newbury’s concluding Ufton Adventure Handicap off an opening mark of 85.
David Lanigan’s Montjeu colt won on easy ground over this trip at Doncaster last month, shaping as though he would be suited by running in a more strongly run contest.
The selection, who was available at 5/2 with Bet365 last night, hails from a high-class family and he holds an entry in York’s Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes, which shows he’s clearly well regarded.
In the penultimate contest on the card, a maiden over the same trip, William Haggas’ Guarantee (8:35) is fancied to score at the second time of asking under Silvestre De Sousa.
The Authorized colt ran a race full of promise on debut, finishing runner-up in a decent contest at Windsor, despite showing plenty of signs of greenness throughout the closing stages.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)