Paul Ferguson kicks off the week with one selection from Ballinrobe on Monday; Earls Quarter in the 5.50. Compare odds and bet.
Willie Mullins continues in fine form with his runners under both codes in Ireland and the champion jumps trainer saddles a couple in the opening maiden at Ballinrobe on Monday evening.
Recent hurdle winner Dare To Doubt is likely to be a warm order but, at the likely prices, a chance is taken each-way on the supposed stable second string Earls Quarter (5:50) who his having his fourth start on the level.
A smart novice hurdler early last season, the pick of his form was the defeat of yesterday’s winner and our ante-post Galway Hurdle selection Rebel Fitz. He finished runner-up on his first start on the Flat and shaped better than the bare form suggests last time, travelling really well for a long way.
The step up in trip and better ground will suit the six-year-old who himself holds an entry in the Galway Hurdle and, in fact, was the other horse to catch my eye at the weights and prices (currently 25/1 for that race). He looks more than capable of winning a Flat race and looks sure to run a big race tonight.
5:50 Ballinrobe Earls Quarter (each-way)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)