Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Dawn Approach in the 6:40 at Curragh. Compare odds and bet.
A fairly quiet day from a punting point of view for a Saturday, with the feature contest of the day, the Ladbrokes St Leger at Doncaster, best watched with Camelot looking hard to oppose as he goes in search of the final leg of the Triple Crown.
The Curragh stages the Irish St Leger this evening as well the Group 1 National Stakes, which will be run in the name of Vincent O’Brien tonight, and this is where Jim Bolger has decided to bring back Dawn Approach (6:40) following his mid-season break.
Three times a winner on home soil early in the season, the son of New Approach (winner of this race in 2007, a year after Bolger saddled Teofilo to land the spoils) completed the four-timer in the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot.
The chestnut beat Olympic Glory by ¾l that day and the runner-up has franked the form by subsequently winning the Superlative Stakes at Newmarket and the Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood.
The selection had Cristoforo Colombo back in third that day and, with the step up to 7f looking sure to bring about further improvement, he ought to confirm the form if fully wound-up after an 88-day lay-off.
That is unlikely to be an issue from this stable, however, and especially when you consider that Dawn Approach will be carrying the royal blue of Godolphin for the first time; I would think that he will be ready to do himself justice.
Trading at a best price 5/4 with Hills this morning, he will no doubt take a stronger grip on the ante-post market for the 2,000 Guineas if successful here.
6:40 Curragh – Dawn Approach (5/4, William Hill)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)