Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Caledonia in the Ayr 3.30. Compare odds and bet.
Not too many betting opportunities on the second day of Ayr’s meeting and, should the track pass an early morning inspection, Donald McCain’s Real Milan (a winner for this column on debut) is the most exciting horse on show.
He will be sent off at prohibitive odds however and is one to watch with the future in mind, as he looks a staying chaser of some potential.
The concluding bumper looks an interesting contest, with the stables of both Saffron Town and Fine Rightly greatly respected in this sphere. The pair of newcomers meet a couple of smart previous winners, however, with Ballyben beating Baltimoar at Hadyock on Betfair Chase day and Caledonia (3:30) who looked good when winning on debut at Kelso in October.
The six-year-old was a rare bumper winner for Jim Goldie and the son of Sulamani came from a long way back to beat a couple of subsequent winners in taking fashion under today’s rider, Lucy Alexander.
Assuming he handles the ground, he ought to put up a bold show under his 7lb penalty and, if the tissue market is correct, he looks worth supporting each-way in what could be an informative bumper.
3:30 Ayr: Caledonia: 4/1 @ bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)