Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Eleven Fifty Nine in the Southwell 16:35. Compare odds and bet.
The jumps cards at Ffos Las and Ludlow aren’t the greatest on Thursday, so it’s off to Southwell and their “Jumpers’ Bumper” card for the day’s sole selection.
As a rule, these aren’t contests to get too heavily involved in, but Eleven Fifty Nine (4:35) was smart in bumpers last season, chasing home At Fishers Cross on one occasion and also landing the Listed mares event at Aintree, and she should be tough to beat if handling the surface.
A winner last time out over hurdles, Anthony Honeyball’s seven-year-old looks the one to beat in receipt of her sex allowance.
With no racing on Good Friday, I’ll be back on Saturday, after which we can look forward to improved quality from Fariyhouse’s Irish Grand National meeting then on to Aintree from next Thursday.
4:35 Southwell: Eleven Fifty Nine 6/4 @ Skybet
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)