Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Stephanie Frances in the Southwell 14:20. Compare odds and bet.
Despite suffering a shocking looking fall last time out Hannibal The Great will be difficult to beat at Southwell on Tuesday, but he’s sure to be pretty short indeed, so the day’s selection comes in the 32RedPoker.com Maiden Hurdle, half an hour later.
The winner of a Punchestown bumper in late May for Michael McElhone, Stephanie Frances (2:20) looked a potentially useful type on debut and the runner-up, Wicklow Brave, has gone on to win a trio of bumpers for Willie Mullins.
The King’s Theatre mare has since joined Dan Skelton, who has his horses in good order, and she ought to appreciate today’s decent ground. In receipt of 7lb from the boys, Harry Skelton’s mount is taken to make a winning British and hurdling debut.
2:20 Southwell: Stephanie Frances; 3/1 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14