Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Le Vent D’Antan in the Fairyhouse 12.50. Compare odds and bet.
Fairyhouse’s opening maiden hurdle on Sunday sees the return of Le Vent D’Antan (12:50) who created a deep impression when making a winning debut in a bumper at Leopardstown a year ago.
Liz Doyle’s five-year-old then shaped with plenty of promise in the Champion Bumper, where he went well for a really long way, before weakening inside the final quarter-mile.
Given plenty of time to strengthen up, the son of Martaline appeals as the type to develop in to a very smart novice hurdler this term and, though he faces a useful opponent in Daneking, he is taken to make a winning debut. The selection had no problem handling bad ground when winning his bumper last year.
12:50 Fairyhouse: Le Vent D’Antan 7/4 Stan James
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14