Paul Ferguson has two selectios from Cheltenham for us on Thursday; Sizing Gold in 1.30 and Annie Power at 3.20. Compare odds and bet.
Unbeaten in 10 starts to date Annie Power (3:20) is fancied to maintain her 100% record in this afternoon’s feature, the Ladbrokes World Hurdle.
Willie Mullins’ top-class mare has to prove her stamina over 3m, but her best performance of the season came at Cheltenham over 2m4½f on dreadful ground when she was doing all her best work late on.
I think she will stay and expect her to win, but if you’re looking for some each-way value then More Of That and Salubrious are a couple to note at bigger odds.
Earlier on the card, one of our two ante-post selections (sadly our other Chocala won’t be running tomorrow) Sizing Gold (1:30) goes in the opening JLT Novices’ Chase.
Put up at 33/1 some weeks ago, if you didn’t get the bigger odds Henry De Bromhead’s seven-year-old still makes some each-way appeal at the morning odds of 12/1, in what looks a wide-open contest.
An impressive winner on debut, he was outstayed by Foxrock last time on bad ground over 3m, when Andrew Lynch had to restrain him after each fence. His jumping, touch wood, is his key attribute and, on better ground over this shorter trip, Lynch will be able to use this and will hopefully have several of his rivals in trouble down the back.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14