Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Atlantic Roller in the Exeter 15.10. Compare odds and bet.
Morito Du Berlais was pulled-out at Chepstow yesterday, leaving us without a selection, but hopefully Atlantic Roller (3:10) will line-up for the same connections on Wednesday, at Exeter.
Paul Nicholls’ seven-year-old has long looked a chaser in waiting and has run well on both visits to this track in the past, finishing second in a bumper and winning a novice hurdle in November 2012.
Lightly raced since, the son of Old Vic drops back in trip this afternoon and gives away plenty of experience to several rivals in this novices’ limited handicap chase. However, Nick Scholfield’s mount has scope for improvement off a mark of 125 and is taken to make a winning debut over the larger obstacles.
3:10 Exeter: Atlantic Roller; 4/1 Stan James
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14