Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Hannah’s Princess in the Worcester 19:00. Compare odds and bet.
For the time of year, the 2m mares’ maiden hurdle at Worcester on Wednesday evening is a decent contest, with the unbeaten Spartan Angel likely to head the market for Nicky Henderson.
Two from two in bumpers, she posted a fine effort when returning from a 22 month lay-off last month and is greatly respected, but Hannah’s Princess (7:00) also looked smart in winning her first two starts in that sphere.
The five-year-old looked a speedy individual when scoring at Lingfield in November and she returned with a fair sixth in the Listed event at Aintree last month, travelling really well for a long way before losing a shoe.
Both Spartan Angel and Hannah’s Princess should be winning races over hurdles, especially against their own sex, but preference is for the latter with the Warren Greatrex yard in such good form.
7:00 Worcester Hannah’s Princess 11/4 Bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14