Paul Ferguson two selections for us on Sunday, Adelaide at 2.45 (The Curragh) and Major Ivan (6.00 at Kelso). Compare odds and bet.
The pick of the action on Sunday comes from the Curragh, where Magician and Noble Mission go head-to-head in the Group 1 Tattersalls Gold Cup.
In the Irish 1,000 Guineas John Oxx’s My Titania is extremely interesting, but this looks a strong renewal and she will need to be spot on for this belated return to action. Forced to miss the Newmarket Guineas, if she is available at 4-1 or bigger on the day she would make some appeal each-way, but she looks a fraction tight in the market at the time of writing.
Earlier on the card Adelaide (2:45) is fancied to return to winning ways in the Group 3 Gallinule Stakes, following his second at Longchamp a fortnight ago.
The Galileo colt impressed in winning his sole start at two and should have little trouble dropping back to 1m2f. Dermot Weld’s once-raced filly Edelmira is greatly respected, as she looked green as grass on debut, but clearly has plenty of ability.
On home soil Major Ivan (6:00) is fancied to land the concluding bumper at Kelso, for Malcolm Jefferson and Brian Hughes.
The five-year-old bumped in to a smart sort on debut and went down by the narrowest of margins last time, collared late on by Looking Well in what looked a warm Perth bumper. The son of Fruits Of Love sets a fair standard and deserves to get his head in front before his summer break.
2:45 Curragh: Adelaide
6:00 Kelso: Major Ivan
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14