Paul Ferguson has two selections from Market Rasen for us on Saturday, It’s A Gimme at 15:30 and Hollow Penny at 16:45. Compare odds and bet.
It’s summer jumps’ big day at Market Rasen on Saturday and It’s A Gimme (3:30) is fancied to land the feature Summer Plate under Tony McCoy.
Jonjo O’Neill’s seven-year-old was a smart hurdler a season or two back, with his best effort coming when runner-up in the Listed William Hill Handicap Hurdle at Ascot off 135.
After three chase starts, he gets in here off an appealing 132 and should relish the more strongly run contest this afternoon. The son of Beneficial remains fairly lightly-raced and it isn’t hard to imagine this race has been on O’Neill’s mind since he brought him back from a seven month lay-off in June.
If he obliges, the day’s second selection Hollow Penny (4:45) is sure to prove extremely popular, having got to within ½ a length of It’s A Gimme off levels last time, yet he races off 115 in the novices’ handicap chase, later on the card.
Slightly flattered by his proximity to the odds-on winner that day, the six-year-old still shaped with a great deal of promise on that chase debut and he pulled well clear of the third who won off 114 earlier in the week. Alan King’s runner looks to have conditions in his favour and remains on a winnable mark.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14