Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Arwa in the Ripon 14:00. Compare odds and bet.
Ripon’s opening fillies’ maiden looks a decent little event, with plenty of respect given to the top two in the market.
Hamidans Girl shaped with plenty of promise when runner-up on debut, but that came 99 days ago, while Miss Anticipation is possibly the form pick, judged on her recent Windsor third.
However, a chance is taken (at the odds), on Arwa (2:00) for Charlie Hills and Danny Tudhope.
Well bred, this expensive daughter of Holy Roman Emperor finished only eighth on debut at Newmarket, but appeals as the type to improve considerably. If she does, she should be right in the mix here and could well provide Hills with a winner with his sole runner on the card.
2:00 Ripon: Arwa; 13/2 Skybet
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95