Paul Ferguson has two selections from York on Wednesday; Idaho in the 3.05 and The Grey Gatsby in the 3.40 Compare odds and bet.
Placed in the Epsom Derby and the Irish equivalent IDAHO (3:05) is fancied to land this afternoon’s Great Voltigeur Stakes.
Aidan O’Brien’s Galileo colt hasn’t won since landing a Curragh maiden last October, but his three-year-old form stands out here.
Postponed is very much the one to beat in the day’s feature, the Juddmonte International, but his best form is over further and he is yet to win at today’s trip.
With that in mind, a chance is taken on THE GREY GATSBY (3:40) who gets his ideal conditions and was trading at 14-1 at the time of writing.
Kevin Ryan’s stable-star drops back to this more suitable trip and is certainly capable of outrunning those odds. His record at York reads 12123, the last two runs coming in the past two renewals of this race.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95