Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Mehmas in the Curragh 16:15. Compare odds and bet.
There is no doubting that Churchill looks like making up into a high-class colt, but it can be argued that Mehmas (4:15) has the stronger form at this stage and there certainly shouldn’t be as much disparity between the pairing’s prices for today’s Vincent O’Brien National Stakes.
Admittedly, Richard Hannon’s Acclamation colt needs to prove his stamina over today’s longer trip, but he is a dual Group 2 winner and the form of his most recent success, in the Richmond Stakes at Glorious Goodwood, has since been well advertised. At the prices, he is worth chancing (3-1 at the time of writing).
4:15 Curragh Mehmas 5/2 Bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95