Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Friday; Frodon in the Newton Abbot 2.55 and Who Dares Wins in the 3.20 at Newbury. Compare odds and bet.
Despite finishing only third when heavily backed at Nottingham last time WHO DARES WINS (3:20) is given another chance at Newbury on Friday.
Alan King’s horses continue to run well and it could be that the Nottingham event came a little quickly on the back of his impressive Chester success.
He drops back to 1m4f here and gets his favoured quick ground, so everything is in place for a good run. Trading at 6-1 overnight (Hills), the four-year-old is worthy of each-way support, with the dead eight going to post.
Down at Newton Abbot FRODON (2:55) should justify favouritism in the novices’ chase.
Paul Nicholls’ runner receives a handy 9lbs age allowance and looked a useful chaser in waiting over timber last season.
Fourth in a Grade 2 at Auteuil on his sole start over fences in France, a clear round should suffice here. He was trading at 4-6 overnight.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95