Paul Ferguson has two selections from Down Royal for us on Friday; Shattered Love in the 1:15 and A Toi Phil in the 3:00. Compare odds and bet.
Airlie Beach has been undeniably impressive in making it four from four over hurdles, but conceding 7lbs to SHATTERED LOVE (1:15) is a big ask.
The latter impressed when winning both her point and bumper, before finishing third in the Grade 2 contest at Aintree.
Off the mark at first time of asking over hurdles, she’s a rather gross mare so should be expected to strip a fair bit fitter here. Her form needs improving on and she will be better over further in time, but she is a lovely prospect and can step up the plate here.
It is a big day for connections (Gordon Elliott and Gigginstown House Stud), with Apple’s Jade making her debut for the yard in the WKD Hurdle and A TOI PHIL (3:00) does likewise in the beginners’ chase.
The six-year-old looked smart when winning a grade 2 novice hurdle last season and looks a useful recruit to fences.
1:15 Down Royal – Shattered Love; 7/2 Betfred
3:00 Down Royal – A Toi Phil; 10/11 bet365
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95