Paul Ferguson has two selections from Newcastle on Friday; Sam Spinner at 12:30 and Lake View Lad at 13:05. Compare odds and bet.
Cheltenham stages some high-class stuff on day one of the Open meeting but, at the prices, I’m heading up to Newcastle for the day’s couple of bets.
The opening novices’ hurdle looks a decent contest, with Atomix and Bestiarius creating favourable impressions when winning bumpers, but Sam Spinner (12:30) also did that, before backing it up by splitting a couple of smart sorts at Wetherby. At 4-1, he is worth siding with on this hurdles debut
Chidswell certainly sets the standard in the second race, the novices’ handicap chase, based on his second to the exciting Cloudy Dream, but he will improve over further and might get done for speed by top-weight Lake View Lad (1:05).
Nick Alexander’s grey would probably prefer softer ground, but he is an athletic type who appeals as an exciting chasing prospect. Again, at time of writing (11-4), he was the value call.
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95