Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Koshari in the Naas 13:00 and Bun Doran 13:40 Uttoxeter. Compare odds and bet.
Whilst most eyes will be focused on Cheltenham this afternoon, there are plenty of interesting races and runners elsewhere, and Bun Doran (1:40) is an exciting recruit to fences at Uttoxeter.
Tom George’s five-year-old featured in this column on several occasions last term, including when successful on his Rules debut in a bumper, and, though his form tailed off somewhat, he remains a very smart prospect. He held an entry in the Steel Plate And Sections at Cheltenham yesterday, showing the regard in which he is still held, and the Shantou gelding returns to action at a time when his stable are in tip top form.
Despite being burdened with top-weight, he reappears on a fair mark (135) and the overnight 4-1 seems more than fair.
Over in Ireland Koshari (1:00) is another who can give weight away to all, in the Grade 3 Fishery Lane Hurdle at Naas.
Taking on race fit rivals is a slight concern, especially as Willie Mullins doesn’t tend to have his horses fully wound up at this time of year, but this four-year-old looks a very exciting prospect and his class can see him through. Ruby Walsh’s mount was available at 7-4 overnight.
1:00 Naas Koshari 7/4 StanJames
1:40 Uttoxeter Bun Doran 7/2 Skybet
The 10th edition will be produced in full colour for the first time and includes:
- Foreword by top National Hunt trainer, Charlie Longsdon
- In-depth analysis of Paul’s 40 Leading Prospects for the season
- Additional ‘Horses to Follow’ from Ireland
- Stable Round-Up (Horses to Follow from more than 60 stables from around the country)
- Horses to Follow from several leading jockeys - Jamie Codd (Champion Irish Point-to-Point rider), Jane Mangan, Nick Scholfield & Harry Skelton.
- Q&A with industry experts - Graham Cunningham (RUK / C4), Tony Calvin (Betting Journalist), Frank Keogh (BBC)
***PUBLISHED END OF AUGUST***Order your copy now – Just £9.95