The start of the jumps season ‘proper’ is getting closer and the opening maiden hurdle at Perth sees the return to action of smart prospect in the shape of Mart Lane (2:25).
The Irish raider was an impressive bumper winner at Leopardstown on his racecourse debut last January and the runner-up franked the form by winning at the Punchestown Festival.
Shark Hanlon’s six-year-old disappointed on his only subsequent outing, but that effort came in a very hot contest and he can leave that form behind now he embarks on his hurdling career.
The selection faces another useful prospect in the shape of Hard To Swallow, who won an Irish point before winning a Ffos Las bumper, and Martin Keighley’s charge was actually favourite on Betfair last night while Mart Lane was trading at odds against.
2:25 Perth Mart Lane
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)